ORFORUM-L Archives

Archiver > ORFORUM > 2011-03 > 1300852344

From: Lyleth Winther <>
Subject: [GFO] British Group Meeting--May 26
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 03:52:24 +0000 (UTC)

If you haven't been yet......????
Join us for the British Group Meeting on
Saturday, March 26, 1pm

Duane Funk will give a presentation on the
United Kingdom census, then and now, and
the questions asked by the census takers.
Brick Walls discussion will follow in the 2nd hour
as well as any new resources.
Come May 28th, Duane will give a repeat presentation, per
request, about the ports that the Scots, Irish, Welsh and English
Folks departed from for America. Also, a little history about the shipping
Lines who were the main carriers, the conditions aboard ship,
And the rough waters of the North Sea. We have several new
Folks in our group since he presented this topic a couple of years ago.
Since the May meeting is our last for the year, we will bring Snacks of
Our Ancestors to share.
Hopefully, we can find a site for a field trip when the good weather comes, followed by lunch together following in that area. In the past, we have gone for high tea lunch, a tour of Ft Vancouver, and to the McLoughlin House.
Join us, Lyleth Winther and Gwen Newborg

This thread: