ORPHANAGES-L Archives

Archiver > ORPHANAGES > 2000-06 > 0960909135

From: "rossbret" <>
Subject: Re: [ORPHANAGES] Hutchison House
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:12:15 +0100

Hello Ann and Jack
Hutchison House actually came under Essex apparently.
Its quite a long story, but here goes.
Hutchison House, Browning Road, Leytonstone was known as Homeless Childrens
Aid and Adoption Society Orphanage, Leytonstone.circa 1920's.
This society amalgamated in 1951 with the Mission of Hope, which in turn
became Christian Family Concern in 1989. It ceased as an adoption agency in
1992, and because of this all available records went to London Borough of
Croyden Social Services (Telephone Number 020-8660-4844)

Entries are available in the Kelly's Directories and Ordnance Survey maps
etc at Waltham Forest Archives, Vestry House Museum, Vestry Road,
Walthamstow, London. E17 9NH. Telephone Number 020-8509-1917

They are going to let me know about available photographs, and the building,
which I will pass on to you ASAP.

Hope this helps
All the best
Jan