OWENS-L Archives

Archiver > OWENS > 2012-10 > 1349385293

From: "Brent and Judy Schultz" <>
Subject: Re: [OWENS] Roll Call
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:14:53 -0500

My Great-Great-Grandfather is Moses Owen b. 1825 in NY. His ancestors are
listed in the book "Descendants of John Owen of Windsor, Connecticut (1622 -
1699, by Ralph Dornfield Owen, 1941, Philadelphia" but Moses Owen was not
listed in this book. In fact, only two of the nine children of Henry Owen's
(Moses' father) were mentioned.

Here is my line down to my great-grandfather:

Generation 11 - John Owen(s) b. 1622 Wales, d. 18 Feb 1897/98 Windsor, CT;
married Rebecca Wade b. ?, d. 3 Dec 1711 children: Josiah, John, John,
Nathaniel, Daniel, Joseph, Mary, Benjamin, Rebecca, Obadiah, Isaac

Generation 10 - Joseph Owen b. 23 Oct 1660 Windsor, CT d.?; married Esther
Osborn b. 9 Aug 1662 , d. ? children: Ann, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Caleb,
Aaron

Generation 9 - Joshua Owen b. around 1692, Simsbury, CT, d. ?; Salisbury,
CT, married Margaret Woodworth b. ?, d. ? children: Jemina, Leonard, Elijah,
Keziah, Joshua, Eliphalet, Esther, Althea, Martha, John, Samuel

Generation 8 - Eliphalet Owen b. 26 June 1727 Lebanon CT, d. ?, married
Eunice (?) b. before 1755, d. aft. 1800 Children: Eliphalet, Irene,
Deidamia, Molly, Rhoda, Charlotte, Gideon, Martin

Generation 7 - Martin Owen b. abut 1776 Salisbury, CT, d. 3 June 1859
Williamstown, WI, married Thankful King b. July 1777 Rhode Island, d. 30 Sep
1864 Mayville, WI, Children: Henry, Eunice, Solomon, Alvah, "unknown
female", Arad, Martin, Deborah, Thomas

Generation 6 - Henry Owen b. 27 Dec 1799 West Monroe, NY, d. 3 Jan 1844,
Dodge Co., WI,
married Susan Hubbard b. abt 1805 CT, d. 18 Jun 1884 Dodge Co., WI,
Children: Moses, Adeline, Henry, Freelove, Wesley, Jane, Susan, Phoebe,
Harriet

Generation 5 - Moses H. Owen b. 7 Dec 1825 NY, d. 21 Dec 1865 Fall City,
Dunn Co., WI, married Arminta Crossman b. 8 Sep 1843 Four Corners, NY, d. 2
Apr 1907 Fall City, WI Children: Henry, Thomas (I descend from Moses' son,
Henry)

Thank you, Judy