OXFORDSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > OXFORDSHIRE > 2001-04 > 0986980152

From: "Brian Wilsden" <>
Subject: Re: RANDLE/RANDAL
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:09:12 +0100

Hi Neil,
I have had a look for your family. I hope this sheds some light on what
happened to them.

Brian
Full 1851 Census Index
Search made on 11 April 2001 from Index dated 02/01/2000
A project funded by the Oxfordshire Family History Society

Folio 349 HO 107/1733 Shutford
RANDLE, William, HD, m 31, Hand Loom Weaver (Cotton), WAR Coventry
Elizabeth, WI, m 30, , OXF Shutford
Matilda, DA, 10m, , OXF Shutford

From the 1861 RG9/916/24 E & W Shutford
Shutford West
RANDLE, William, head, 41, plush weaver, Coventry
Elizabeth, wife, 39, Shutford
Rebecca, daughter, 6, Shutford
Selina, daughter, 3, Shutford.

Then in 1871:
1871 census RG10/1444/94 Shellswell
RANDLE, Matilda, servant, 21, housemaid, Shutford.

1871 Census RG10/1464/46 Banbury.
RANDLE, Rebecca, servant, 17, housemaid, Shutford.

1871 census RG10, 1462, 8 E & W Shutford
RANDLE, William, head, 50, plush weaver, Shutford
Elizabeth, wife, 48, laundress, Shutford
Anne, daughter, 8, Shutford
Betsey, daughter, 9, Shutford
Fanny, daughter, 4, Shutford.

From Shutford Parish Registers:
14.5.1820, William RANDALL son Thomas, weaver and Elizabeth from Coventry
2.8.1861, Anne Maria RANDALL, daughter William and Elizabeth, privately
8.6.1862, Ann Maria RANDALL, d William and Elizabeth, received into the
church
28.12.1862, Elizabeth RANDALL, d William and Elizabeth.

Looks as though they married in Coventry.
Brian

Oxfordshire Family History Society Search Services

Mr B Wilsden
70 Church Road
Long Hanborough
WITNEY