OXFORDSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > OXFORDSHIRE > 2004-03 > 1079929256

From: Denise <>
Subject: Re: [OXF] Searching for Hiuton (Hinton?) / Slater kin
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:20:56 -0500

Hi Joan,,

Where did you get the information on Martha's birth and siblings?

Joseph was not born in Scotland, but in Waterperry, Oxfordshire as was
Martha Hinton....and her- siblings according to the 1881 Census don't match
up with yours....

I found the family in the 1901 Census and all of the children you have down
match up fine...which is where the Waterperry & Thomley came from...

In 1881 Joseph was still unmarried and still in England...

According to the Waterperry PR's Martha was baptized Mar 22, 1857 d of John
& Charlotte lab of Thomley

Joseph Slatter was bap Sep 26, 1852 son of Joseph & Sarah....

On Sept 2, 1883 Joseph Slater 31 bach gamekeeper, Waterperry Common son of
Joseph house servant (deceased) married Julia Fonge 30 sp domestic servant
Waterperry Common d William farm lab...

On Dec 25, 1888 Joseph Slater 36 widower gamekeeper, Waterperry Common son
of Joseph, house servant, (deceased) married Martha Hinton32 sp Thomley
daughter of John, farmer deceased

Om May 29, 1885 Joseph Slater son of Joseph & Julia was baptized
On June 7, 1885 Joseph Slater 10 weeks was buried
On April 7, 1886 Julia Slater 33 of Park Farm was buried

If you want more let me know...

Denise