PA-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > PA-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2003-11 > 1070202925

From: <>
Subject: [PACEN] 1900/Philadelphia/William SCHOFIELD
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:35:28 +0000

Hello listers,

This is my first request to this list, so I hope I'm giving the correct information. I'm looking for my husband's GGrandfather William SCHOFIELD who left Oldham Lancashire, England in 1898 aged 38 (born 1860). The information I have from Ellis Island is that he was going to stay with his uncle also called William SCHOFIELD at 232 (or 237) Kensington Avenue, Philadelphia. Family history says that his family were intending to join him, but he died before they made the trip. As far as I can make out, he was still alive at the time of the 1901 UK census, as his wife describes herself as married not widowed. I also know that she managed to claim against his life insurance after he died, so she must have had documentary proof of his death.

Please let me know if I haven't got enough information, and I'll try and find out some more.

TIA
Jean Davenport
UK Lancashire

This thread: