PA-OLD-CHESTER-L Archives

Archiver > PA-OLD-CHESTER > 2003-10 > 1067212388

From: "Sandra Ferguson" <>
Subject: [PaOldC] Mercer and Brown
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:53:15 -0500

We have several new members and hope they will post their names, along with
appropriate dates and what they hope to discover.

Sandra

I looked in the area wills, and these are the earliest Mercer and Brown ones
that contain your names .....
MERCER, THOMAS. Thornbury.
March 17, 1715. September 13, 1716. A. 40.Provides for wife Mary. To eldest
son Thomas after wifes decease or marriage, my new dwelling plantation
containing my estate 238 acres. To son Thomas, son Daniel 1/2 of 500 acres
of land in Marlborough which lieth next to Nathl Newlins land. To son Joseph
the other 1/2 said 500 acres whereon son Thomas now lives. To my 3
daughters, viz Mary, Elizabeth and Ann, £20 each. To sons in law Wm. Pennil,
Joseph Woodward and Joshua Peirce one pistole each. Remainder of moveables
to wife and son Thomas. Executors: wife Mary. Witnesses: Francis Pullen,
Thomas Pierson, Rose Pierson.

BROWN, JAMES. Nottingham.

November 15, 1715. 1/l/1715/6. A. 30.To sons William Brown, Jeremiah Brown
and daughter Margary Pigot, to grandchild James, son of William, Patience
and Jeremiah, children of Jeremiah, and Margary Pigot daughter of Margary
and John Pigot £5 each when 21. To son Daniel the lott of land between
Dorsons and Robert Williams containing 500 acres. To daughter Mary Brown £20
at 20. To wife Honor and son James all my estate paying the above legacies
also executors. Nothing to be done or disposed of without the consent of
Mercer Brown and son Jeremiah Brown. Witnesses: James Wright, Wm. Howell and
John Bruss.

(while looking through various books, etc, I came upon the name Mercer
Brown, surely a descendant. He was listed as a court justice, for the year
1724...(CHESTER AND ITS VICINITY, DELAWARE COUNTY IN PENNSYVANIA, by martin
in 1877) Mercer Brown lived in Nottingham.

frrom EARLY COURT RECORDS 1697-1710;

1699/1700 George Peare adknowledged a deed to Thomas Mercer for 238 acres of
land lying in the twp of Thornbury the deed bearing the date 12th day 1st
Mo, 1600/1700

Wm Brown was summoned to appear on a grand jury, 1699 and in 7th Mo, 1701.