PA-OLD-CHESTER-L Archives

Archiver > PA-OLD-CHESTER > 2004-06 > 1086180668

From: "Kathryn Payne" <>
Subject: Re: New Munster, MD
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:51:08 -0400

Hi Geraldine,
Thank you for sending this information. I thought that New Munster must
have been larger because there is a record of an Alexander buying 903 acres
of land there, and that is a lot of acreage. I am researching the name
William Ferguson, who bought 67 acres of that land in 1752 and is listed as
a taxable person in 1752. It is the first Ferguson reference I have found
for Cecil County and I think he may be connected to the William Ferguson who
lived in Sadsbury, Chester County, PA and whose will was probated in 1747.
There were lots of Fergusons in the northern part of Cecil County, but not
much information in the 1700's. Also, thanks to your description, I found
out that St. Mary's Parish is located in the North Eastern part of Cecil,
where I find my second Ferguson reference. That helped a lot.
I have lots of Ferguson information from the 1800's which I posted once and
will repost again soon since it has since been revised so much.
Anyway, this is probably more Ferguson stuff than you wanted, but I
appreciate your help.
Who are you researching? In case I run across anything in my search.
Kathryn