PA-OLD-CHESTER-L Archives

Archiver > PA-OLD-CHESTER > 2004-06 > 1087424794

From: "Nadine Holder" <>
Subject: re: [PaOldC] Thomas and Mary Cook Cox
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:26:34 -0700

Hank - the children of Thomas and Mary Cook Cox are well supported in
various North and South Carolina Quaker records so believe you are correct
in the children you list. The only question I have is that at Cane Creek
Monthly Meeting "5/9/1771 Thomas Cox, son of Thomas and Mary of Craven
County, South Carolina, married Thamer Davis" I question whether it would
have been written this way if Thomas was not still alive - I am thinking
hard though - I know if mothers are deceased they are not mentioned in the
Quaker marriage records of their children but I am not so sure about
fathers. The other piece of information is that Mary Cox, wife of Thomas,
died 1/17/1784 as recorded at Bush River MM in South Carolina but there is
no corresponding death record for Thomas. That coupled with his not
arriving in North Carolina with son Peter, Peter's mother and younger
children from Warrington MM makes me think you may be correct that he died
in Pennsylvania. Nadine