PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 1997-05 > 0862946142

From: "Marcia" <>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 12:15:42 -0700

Hi everyone, I think I got my big brake in finding my ggg grandmother,
Rebecca Wylie, line. I ordered a will of Samuel Wylie of Mifflin town in
Allegheny Co, PA dated 18 Oct 1813 and proven 26 Mar 1814.

It has his wife D. Wylie sister to Samuel Hutchison (:-) I love it, thanks
Samuel) ,
sons Samuel, Moses, James Oliver and John,
daughters Rebeckah, Elizabeth, Sarah, Mary and Margaret.
Mentions a Mary Kirkpatrick, his daughter ???
Exec of will Andrew Finney and son Samuel Wylie,
witnesses Adam Boyd and Thomas Hazelton

Okay does anyone know anything on this line, I will keep my fingers
crossed!!
I have notes on a Samuel Wylie born 1754 Lancaster Co PA marr Florence
Huthinson child (more I am sure) Mary who married Nathaniel Kirkpatrick
and a Samuel who marr a Mary Patterson

Sounds like my guy but what is with his wife's name ??? D. or Florence ??
Looking at the will there is a squiggle next and above the D., kind of like
this D.~ , like the shortcut you see for the name Samuel and William and
Robert etc Got any ideas??
I have been going over his will, proven on 26 Mar 1814 in Alleghany Co, PA
with a fine tooth comb and here is a ref that I find very interesting.

Item, it is like wise my will that if the Carolina hiers shall com forward
demanding their share of the place I sold paseton (??past on ??) which
contained 161 acers at Eight dollers & 66 3/4 cents per acer, if they com
proveing themselvs to be the Rail. it my will then that my four sons John,
Samuel, and Moses and James discarge that debt each one paying an equel
part except John he haveing paid me one hundred and sixty dollers towards
what property I wild him..................

Item, it is my will that if the Caroline hiers do ___ come forward within
ten yares that my four sons shall pay unto their sisters to each one eight
dollers the at the same time them giving a refunding bond ingaging to pay
back the some if the legale haiers shall ever com.

Caroline/ Carolina heirs ?????????
Rail heirs ????????

what is this all about???
Is this a connection between my PA Wylies and the South Caroline Wylies???

This thread: