PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 1997-08 > 0870661014

From: <>
Subject: [PAALLEGH-L] [Fwd: Russel of Allegheny, PA]
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 22:16:54 -0400

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 14:50:02 -0400
Sender: "Genealogy discussion for Pennsylvania."
<>
From: Suzanne Sense <>
Subject: Russel of Allegheny, PA

This letter was printed in our local paper in Southern California. It's a
national column called "Finders". If this info is of value to you, the
address of finders is 816 Auto Mall Road, Suite 272, Bloomington, IN 47401.

Dear Finders,

A few years ago, I purchased a diary in a used book store in SanDiego. It
was written by Dorothy Alexander Russel at the beginning of her marriage to
H. Fred Russell of Allegheny County, PA. It is an extraordinary account of
this woman's life, from her marriege in 1928 through her relocation to
Southern California in 1946. I have enjoyed this wonderful treasure and now
would like to return it to the family it belongs with. I know she was
married in Pittsburgh, PA, on Aug. 6, 1928, and her family ownd a print and
stationery shop on Diamond Street. She has a sister named Margaret and a
brother named James, who was married to Alice Hughes. She has a daughter
named Jean, a niece named Louise Claire Alexander (who was born in 1931), a
nephew named George Russel, Jr. (born 1932) and possibly a grandaughter name
Chloe, who lived in Long Beach in 1972. I would be very interested in
talking with anyone who might have any information about her. Joelle
Lanphear, Corona del Mar, CA.

Good luck to anyone related.
Suzanne