PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 1998-03 > 0890141829

From: souhrada <>
Subject: [PAALLEGH-L] WILLIAMS in Allegheny Co.
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:37:09 -0500

Looking for Descendants of NICHOLAS WILLIAMS & HANNAH ANNE MC ALISTER (b.
Washington co., PA) WILLIAMS:

Here is what I know on my Williams line:

I have WILLIAMS in Allegheny county from about 1869. NICHOLAS WILLIAMS( b.
2/16/1848 Cornwall - d. 1/4/1935 Duquesne, PA)) emigrates from Cornwall,
UK to ?[an older non-lineal relation thought that he came to U.S. when he
was about 21 years old. Unknown whether he emigrated by himself, or with
other family members.
in PA, NICHOLAS 9d. 1/4/1935 at 30 N. 2nd Street, Duquesne); marries
HANNAH ANNE MC ALISTER ( b. 1857 PA - d. 7/22/1925 Duquesne; burial at the
Richland Cemetery *; at time of her death she lived at 30 N. 2nd Street,
1st ward, Duquesne)
Their children:
11 of them! Why can't I find their descendants?:
**JEREMIAH, (m. MAE WATSON: children: ELIZABETH, **ALBERT, MAE & ROBERT)
ARCHIBALD (d. August 28, 1948 at Fairmont W. Virginia), * burial at the
Richland Cemetery [possibly unmarried]
EDWARD, [possibly unmarried]
NICHOLAS, Jr. (m. PEARL SAYRES), in 1935 lived at 72 N. First, Duquesne
[one child, JEAN; m. ROBERT ANDREEN]
ELEANOR (m. EDWARD SWEENEY),[one daughter ANNA BELLE; m. WADDELL]; ? burial
at Monongahela, PA
ANDREW, [possibly unmarried]
ANNIE, [unmarried]
BERTHA (m. JOHN WISEMAN),[Buried in the *Richland Cemetery]
HARRY (m. IRENE DUNLAP),in 1925 they lived at 75 N. Ast Street, Duquesne;
(one son: HARRY Jr.; m. KATE DOLBY and had about 6 children)
JAMES ALOYSIUS (m. MARGARET ?),[Margaret buried in Cardington,
Ohio)[possibly no issue]
GEORGE JOHN (b. 1892-1894; m. VERA CLARINDA HAGERTY) Nicholas owned a
trucking company in Pittsburgh, which was lost during the Depression.
Later, I believe he worked as a janitor on the railroad. I am descended
from GEORGE & VERA through their son DONALD AUSTIN, who is my father; I
know that the grandparents (Hannah & Nicholas) are buried in the *Richland
Cemetery in Dravosburg, PA.
Buried in the Richland Cemetery (with above*) are also my Civil War ance
stor GEORGE ROBSON, and his daughter MARGARET ROBSON HAGERTY(d. 11/23/1923
and living then with husband Charles L. Hagerty at 110 W. Oliver Street,
Duquesne)
Richland Cemetery Burials, Dravosburg, PA:
Lot 2056, Section N:
HANNAH ANNE MC ALISTER WILLIAMS
NICHOLAS WILLIAMS Sr.
BERTHA CLARINDA WILLIAMS WISEMAN & husband JOHN WISEMAN
ARCHIBALD WILLIAMS

Lot 411, Section B
MARGARET ROBSON HAGERTY

Lot 240, Section A
GEORGE ROBSON, CW vet, 22nd PA Cavalry

Karen Souhrada
Researching:
PA: HAGERTY, ROBSON, ATCHESON,MC ALISTER,
GEHO, WILLIAMS, BLANEY, MCCLUGAGE, HUDSON
IL: SOUHRADA, SORGMANN, HARTMANN, VALTA,
HAMMANG

This thread: