PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 1999-01 > 0916176591

From: buffys97 <>
Subject: [PAALLEGH-L] Atherton/Stickson marriage in Pittsburgh
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:29:51 -0500

Greetings good people of Allegheny County! I'm new here--looking for a possible
record of a marriage of George W. ATHERTON (b. maybe 1830s??) to Mary Jane
STICKSON (b. maybe 1830s??) of Pitttsburgh. Possibly this marriage took place
1850-1860.

I have not been able to find George Atherton or Mary Jane Stickson in the
Pittsburgh census. Don't know where they lived after the marriage.Am checking OH
census. Need their marriage date or something.

They had three children, two of whom we know--John (no middle initial) and
Victoria Atherton England--both lived their adult lives in Ohio. He in
Cincinnati, she in Mt. Gilead, Morrow County.

Any help greatly appreciated. Eventually John Atherton (my husband's
grandfather) married a Catholic and was ostracized from the Atherton clan.
Hence, we have no ideas where our Athertons came from. Isn't it funny how one
marriage such a long time ago had such far reaching consequences?

Thank you for any help you can give us.

Joe, Karen & Buffy Atherton of Cincinnati

This thread: