PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 1999-02 > 0918623527

From: <>
Subject: [PAALLEGH-L] Mattie DONALDSON & Maud KRAFT
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:12:07 EST

I'm looking for information on the following family:

1. Martha J. DONALDSON 1844-1918
2. Nevada DONALDSON 1863-1924 md. John A Hughes
2. Maud DONALDSON 1867- ? md William KRAFT 1864 - ?
3. Paul F KRAFT 1886 - ?
3. Charles L. KRAFT - 1888 - ?
2. George Carey DONALDSON 1875 or 76 - ? md Annie ___

Martha (aka Mattie) was born in Allen Township Washington County, the Daughter
of John and Mary Ann (STEPHENS) DONALDSON
I have found no record of her ever marrying, and all three of her children
were named DONALDSON, which at that time was quite uncommon... we are not sure
of the circumstances, they could have been adopted, or possibly out of
wedlock, also quite uncommon at that time...
Anyways, her eldest daughter Nevada moved to Appin, London area, Ontario
Canada at age 10 with an Uncle, John McRobert, and it seems , knew little of
her mother , as on her death cerificate her parents were listed as "unknown".
Martha and the other two children remained in allen Twp, Washington County at
least until the 1900 census... but Mattie died in Duquesne, Allegheny Co. in
1918. In her will, she left "...to Nevada Hughes, wife of John A. Hughes, one
feather bed and pillows and three quilts, and 1 - $100 Liberty Bond, and the
sum of Five Hundred ($500.00) Dollars. and my house and lot known as No. 21 on
Linden Avenue, Duquesne, Pennsylvania"

To our knowledge, Nevada never took owner ship of the house at 21 Linden Ave
Duquesne. Maud DONALDSON (KRAFT) and George Carey DONALDSON were also
mentioned in the will as living in Duquesne.

Where would I find info on deads or disputed probates.... does any one have or
can look up the 1910 Duquesne census for any of these people.... is anyone
researching this line??

Thanks
Mike Donaldson

http://www.my-ged.com/donldso