PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2003-01 > 1043771360

From: "nesbittc" <>
Subject: [ALL] Re: PAALLEGH-D Digest V03 #57
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:29:20 -0600

The folks who identified Saltsburg as being in North Versailles Township are
correct. I lived in North Versailles for over 20 years and studied its
history. I suppose nothing remains of its river towns (Port Perry,
Saltsburg, etc.). I think part of the Edgar Thompson Steel Works extended
over the site of Port Perry (North Versailles won a critical court case over
Braddock Borough for tax revenue from the site). The local water authority
had a filtration plant at Port Perry, but that is all I remember existing in
the area.

Jack Nesbitt