PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2003-08 > 1060639491

From: "S.Saboley" <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] Dezinsky look up on 1930 census
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:04:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you all for trying. I now have the information I needed !!!

I learned something new today that I thought might share. Since there
are so many problems presently with Ancestry, most libraries also
subscribe to Heritage Quest and with some Libraries, such as mine, you can
access Heritage Quest from home via the internet with your library card
number.

What I learned is that they do have all of the Census imaged, but not
all of the images have been indexed. I was trying to use "search" to
find these folks which gave me the message that it was not on line, but I
found you can "browse" all of the images if you know the county,
township and page number, which someone found for me on Ancestry. The best
part is that their Images are soooooo much clearer and easier to read
and all can be downloaded and or printed.

I have now been able to view the imaged census I wanted and have
confirmed they are the family I have been looking for.... BINGO!!

My thanks to all that tried to help me with this. I appreciate your
time end effort.

Sandy
Researching: Dzierzynski/Dezensky, Fifer in Allegheny and Potter
Counties, Rutkowski (in Natrona/Harrison TWP)

Ed Brobeck <> wrote: Sandy,
I have your guy, but Ancestry seems to be having one of it's all too
frequent melt-downs and the page won't load properly. If the gremlins are
gone tomorrow, I'll send the original page as an attachment.
Ed Brobeck

Please be sure to put a SUBJECT pertaining to your
post in the subject line.
For instance, put STRAUB, and =not= SURNAME HELP.