PAALLEGH-L ArchivesArchiver > PAALLEGH > 2003-08 > 1061385674
From: "Sandra Brandon" <>
Subject: RE: [ALL] Ward 5--1870
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:21:15 -0400
The Map section of the Historic Pittsburgh Pitt digital library has a trio
of maps that show the fifth ward.
There is 1872, 1876 & 1886. Of the 3, 1886 is probably the best but all
three are worth looking at.
This is a very small, roughly, triangle shaped ward that includes the
courthouse on the corner of Grant and Diamond St. at the lower west corner.
Follows Grant up to Liberty to form the point of the triangle. It then
turns back down what was Washington St./Epiphany St. to Wylie. Wylie to
Chatham St. Then a jog on Old Ave/Diamond St. back to the Courthouse square.
This ward also included parts of Fountain St, Webster, Tunnel, Fifth Ave.,
High/Sixth St., Strawberry Alley and Seventh St.
Hope this helps,
>Subject: [ALL] Ward 5--1870
>Need some help locating Ward 5 in the 1870, Pittsburgh census.