PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2006-09 > 1158619796

From: "Jeannine" <>
Subject: [PAALLEGH] question on "institutions"
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:49:56 -0400

I have a relative (gr-gr-grandfather) who was listed as being an inmate in an institution in a census. I assumed that this meant he was either in jail or an insane asylum. My mother asked me if it was possible if he could have been in an institution because he had tuberculosis. His wife had died within five years before the census, at about 30 years old. I have not been able to get a death certificate for her yet. My mom theorized that maybe she died of TB, and he had had it too. Is there any possibility of this being the case?

Jeannine

This thread: