PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-01 > 1168306835

From: "Jeannine" <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] Home of the Good Shephard
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:40:35 -0500

Clare,

My great, great aunt who was there may have been there for a couple of
reasons. I'm not 100% sure when her mom died, but Catherine may have been as
young as 15. Her mom was dead at least by 1923. I have no record of
Catherine (or any of the rest of the family, for that matter) before that.
So, I guess she could have been sent there kind of as an orphan. My second
theory is that there is Multiple Sclerosis on that side of the family. It
usually doesn't appear til middle age, but who knows, 22 kind of was middle
age for some back then. There always is the possibility, too, that she was
pregnant.

Was your relation at the home on Troy Hill? This has become an interesting
mystery that I look forward to solving. I'm horrible at doing research that
doesn't involve the computer and internet, so I'm going to try all of the
routes that everyone has suggested. That side of the family seemed to have a
habit of sending relatives to institutions- the sister of the one in The
Home, my great grandmother, sent her dad to Mayview.

Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowlege with us- I have enjoyed being
a member of this list more than I can say! When I was stumped last night and
getting frustrated, my husband said, "Email your listers!! They'll know!"

Jeannine