PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-04 > 1175723571

From: "Michelle Bellinger" <>
Subject: [ALL] accident 1903 and K.O.T.M.
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:52:51 -0700

Hello List,
Can anyone tell me if first any one knows of a fire or accident that would have happened around the end of March of 1903? Louis Haag/ Haig lived on the North Side..Allegheny City.
I have a death date for Louis Haag (Hoag in the paper obit) of APRIL 2,1903.
I have since learned that he was in the hospital when he died and was bandaged all around the head with just holes for him to see and eat and speak through, so my guess would be a burn or a serious head injury. There may have been other men also injured.
My other question is: in his obit it requests members of the Bennett tent 37 K.O.T.M to attend. I don't know ifhe was a member or the family was looking for help. Are the Knights of the Maccabees still around in Allegheny County?
Thanks for any ideas!

Michelle
Diggingupbones @ comcast . net
Sierra Foothills,Gold Country, California

Surnames Researching: Haag/Haig, Bandi/Bandy, Burry/Burri, Sedell/Sedolsky, Drebert, Minehart, Evans,Williams,
Allegheny Co., Butler Co., Fayette Co., Beaver Co...PA

My hobby is genealogy and I raise dust bunnies as pets.

This thread: