PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-04 > 1176218317

From: "Diane Nichols" <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] CUBBAGE
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:18:37 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have limited information on the Cubbage family as it is related to David
Cubbage, the father of Bessie Cubbage Ferber.

Bessie was born on January 30, 1877 to David Cubbage and Annie Lambie. She
had an older brother, Alexander Lambie Cubbage, who was born in 1874. He
died on October 17, 1878 in Sharpsburg. On October 22, 1878 his mother
Annie E. Lambie Cubbage also died. Both died of diphtheria and were buried
in Greenwood Cemetery in O'Hara Township, both one day after they died.

In the 1880 census, David Cubbage and his little daughter, Bessie, were
living in Etna Borough in the household of Katherine Cubbage, age 57. David
was 38 years old. Also in the house were Rosille Cubbage, age 24 and Fanny
Cubbage, age 21. David and Bessie are listed as boarders, so this may not
be mother and sisters, but other relatives.

Two other Cubbage families were in Etna in 1880. John Cubbage and his wife
Elisabeth, ages 32 and 24 respectively. They are listed with 3 children.
Also a Louis Cubbage and his wife Minnie, ages 26 and 23. Two children are
listed with them. Another Cubbage, William, age 22, was a boarder at the
home of Andrew McCall. All of these people were on Katherine Street.

Earlier Cubbages were in census records of Pine Township.

Bessie Cubbage married Jacob Ferber, my great-uncle, who lived near us in
O'Hara Township in the 1950s. As the Cubbage family is not in my direct
genealogy, I have nothing else to contribute. As for the Lambie family, I
have quite a bunch of charts. My Aunt Sarah Ferber, Bessie's daughter, had
a set of scrolls with the Lambie family on them. I charted the family on
some family sheets, but do not have the scrolls anymore, as I turned them
over to the children of Sarah's brother.

Diane Nichols