PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-04 > 1176590278

From: "Lona Boudreaux" <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] HARBISONs of West Deer/Coe/Critchlow
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:37:58 -0500

Hi Debi,

Does your Coe line go back to Benjamin Coe b.1749 d. 1833 married 26 Mar
1775 to Margaret Bedell/Biegle?

As far as I know, I'm not related to the Coe or Bedell/Biegle families but
to the Critchlow's. William Critchlow and Molly Burnside's son, David b.03
Nov 1787, was married to Margaret Coe, daughter of the above mentioned
Benjamin Coe and Margaret Bedell. William Critchlow was a brother to my 4th
great paternal grandfather, James Critchlow.

There is also some confusion in our Critchlow family over another David
Critchlow born either 1758 or 1773. This David was brother to my 4th great
paternal grandfather and William Critchlow. There is some information that
this David is the 2nd husband of Nancy Shields whose 1st husband was
Benjamin Coe. This Benjamin Coe was the son of the above mentioned Benjamin
Coe and Margaret Bedell and the brother to Margaret Coe.

I hope the above is not too confusing. Are you familiar with any of this?

William Critchlow is mentioned in the book "Floodtides Along the Allegheny".
I do have a copy.

Thank you.
Lona Laughlin Boudreaux
Monroe, La