PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-04 > 1177027130

From: Pat jones <>
Subject: [ALL] Need help in getting obits from PA
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:58:50 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I would dearly love the obits for the following. I know John Gethen is the uncle I spoke to that gave me some clues to my history. His obit should lead me to some information. I can then request his b/c & d/c. He lead me to believe that the name of my grandmother on my bio dad was incorrect. The name is most likely not her maiden, but that of her first husband. I am trying to to interfer with that family as much as possible. I feel they are dealing with medical issues that my sister dealt with before her death. So I am doing this search quietly and non intrusive if possible.
The more I learn the more my children will be informed as well as the children of my only living sister that passed away over a yr ago.

So if anyone is going to a library I would be more than happy to cover the cost of the following obits that could lead me to some family history. This one is very personal. My other siblings are half and do not share this history. My mom has been my support as have my siblings. They know I want this history as much as any of the others. The lives that this family lead helped to shape me and I want to know as much @ them as I do my other families that were a part of my life.
Thanks ever so much in advance Pat Jones Darke Co OH

GETHEN, Doris T (THOMAS); 80; McKees Rocks PA; Pittsburgh P-G; 2001-11-16; cotan
GETHEN, John J; 76; McKees Rocks PA; Pittsburgh P-G; 2002-4-19; cotan
GETHEN, John J; 76; McKees Rocks PA; Pittsburgh P-G; 2002-4-20; cotan
GETHEN, John Micahel "Jack"; 32; Gainsville FL; Pittsburgh P-G (PA); 2003-7-30; cotan
GETHEN, John Michael "Jack"; 32; Pittsburgh PA>Gainesville FL; Gainesville Sun; 2003-7-29; pmc
No major rush, I have been working on this family for yrs and just getting them would be a bonus for me. I think I remember the cemetery John is in. It should be the one my grandfather John Gethen is in. My hope then is to contact that cemetery for my grandfather's dod and request obits for him and his d/c as well maybe even a b/c I will just be happy for anything at any pace I get. I have learned to be very patient. (I learned that from my adoptive dad (Amish/Menno)

This thread: