PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-06 > 1181524435

Subject: Re: [ALL] Old Photo preservation
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:13:55 -0400

Jeanine,

Absent any better ideas, if there aren't any photos on the reverse
side, why not just trim around the photos. My own opinion is that
the old photos aren't worth a damn to me. It's the people that are
in the picture. I scan the photos into Photoshop and see how much I
can improve the photo. Some just can't be saved or improved and you
have to live with it but others can be resurrected from the
death. One of the easiest I've ever done was to put some light into
photos that were taken almost in the dark, making some of the people
almost impossible to recognize. 5 seconds later there was no doubt.

Al