PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2007-08 > 1188159854

Subject: Re: [ALL] Concert Hall in Oakland, PA
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:24:14 -0400

Diane,

I seem to remember a staff member of Syria Mosque saying they had a
capacity of some 3,000. I don't recall the exact number. "Small;
by today's standards"??? I've been to concerts in almost every venue
in the city and the Mosque was right up their with the Bendum. The
Civic Arena acoustics are a disgrace and an insult to any
attending. The problem today is that the "arenas" have to be large
enough to pay their glorified "stars" (I use the term VERY loosely)
what they think they're worth. I liked the Holiday House best
because the performers weren't 2 blocks away.

Al

At 09:29 AM 8/26/2007, you wrote:
>Gloria, Perhaps you are thinking of the Syria Mosque. The hall was small by
>today's standards, but may of us attended concerts there.
>
>Diane

This thread: