PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2008-01 > 1201030300

From: "JoAnn" <>
Subject: [ALL] Civil War Research
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:31:40 -0800

Thanks to all who sent ideas about finding James A. Summerhill's Civil War Regiment. I have checked the PA Archives Civil War registration cards in the past and did so again this morning. I have checked on footnote.com for a pension record but did not find any reference to him. The idea about a county history book is great. I think I will check in Historic Pittsburgh next. It has always been a good reference and I have not checked there.

I spent the rest of this morning sending emails to contacts on the Civil War Units found on the American Civil War Page. Most if not all of the addresses are out of date. It is a good site and so I will now check the websites for the units.

James Summerhill and his father James S. Summerhill and his father John were born in PA in the area of Allegheny County. I have not connected them to the New Jersey family at all. Thanks for all the great ideas. I have my work cut out for me!
JoAnn

This thread: