PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2008-02 > 1203625347

From: Jeanne Crews <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] Gordons in 1900 census, Proximity question
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:22:27 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, John, for the help and suggestions!
Jeanne

John Steitz <> wrote: Hi Jeanne
I left Pittsburgh a long time ago and there are much better people on this
list for the geography so I will defer to them while answering what I can.
My Irish Buckley, 3 houses of them( 2 under married names of McGinty and
Hess), also were on Forward Ave in 1900. My Irish came from south Wales so
that is something to consider. The steel/ iron industry is the connection.
My Irish attended St Stephen in Hazelwood and Calvary is Catholic Cemetery
and Thursday is the day the research person is there, very helpful.
Good luck
John