PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2008-05 > 1210806593

From: Al Lenkner <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] Baldwin Township German Catholic School
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:09:53 -0400

Jackie,

In 1866 Baldwin Twp was probably 100x larger than it is now, about 1
sq mile. If I had to take a guess, if such a society existed, it was
probably affiliated with St Michael's Church whose cemetery is at the
top of South 18th St. The church itself was on Pius St but it along
with too many other churches have been consolidated into one
humongous parish. I'm sure somebody more familiar with that area
will chime in with the info you need.

Al

At 01:36 PM 5/14/2008, you wrote:
>I have discovered info about the establishment of a "Roman Catholic
>German School Society" in approximately 1866, in Baldwin
>Township. I have not been able to determine if a school was ever
>erected, and am interested in any more info about this group.
>Thanks Jackie

This thread: