PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2009-11 > 1259433999

From: Robert Jerin <>
Subject: Re: [ALL] Italian family in Bridgeville 1900
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:46:39 -0800 (PST)

In fact Angelo Naturalized May 29, 1923, when he took the Oath of Allegience.

The Petition states that Elena was born Italy, not in Ohio. The Petition states that she lived in Ohio at the time of the Petition filing

The 1920 census does show Maria, Lena and Anthony arriving 1903, while the 1910 (VALCI) census shows Angelo arr 1895 and Maria and the 2 children arr 1920. It was the norm for married Italian women to use their maiden names. It was also the norm during that era for men to arrive ahead of the wife and children, sometimes being seperated for years

I am puzzled as I see NO arrival for the Werra Sept 15th, I checked using Ancestry and Stephen Morse One Step. Cimmorelli's web page concurs with this, showing that the Werra arrived Oct 5, 1899 and the only port of call being listed as New York. Even using Ellis Island org search by ship and date show on arrival of the Werra on any date in September

http://www.cimorelli.com/cgi-bin/safescripts/selectsafe.asp?FMONTH=09&FDAY=01&FYEAR=1899&Beginwith=W&Sortname=Shipname&whichpage=4

Robert