PAALLEGH-L Archives

Archiver > PAALLEGH > 2012-03 > 1331245810

From: carol battin <>
Subject: [ALL] Need Help with Presbyterian Microfilm Order
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:30:10 -0500

Hi All,

I am in the process of ordering Family History Center microfilm.

My ancestors were associated with the Second Presbyterian Church on
Stockton Avenue in Allegheny City. I am interested in viewing film
covering the years from 1850 to 1900. I know that the Second Church
merged with the Fifth Presbyterian at some point. The First Presby. of
Allegheny may also be of use to me since my 2nd Great-Grandmother and
children joined the Second Church years after they located in
Allegheny.City. That makes me wonder if they could have been members of
another church before. The husband and father was not mentioned so where
was he (if in church at all)? That makes me wonder if they could have been
members of another church before.

The different choices of microfilm are really confusing with all the
mergers. Could someone please tell me which choice would yield the most
information concerning the baptisms, marriages, deaths, and memberships
that interest me?

Thanks in advance,

Carol

This thread: