PAARMSTR-L Archives

Archiver > PAARMSTR > 2001-04 > 0988058861

From: "Marilyn Prinzing" <>
Subject: [PAARMSTR-L] Landis/Benton/Kennedy-Worthington
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:47:41 -0500

Hello,

It has been some time since I last posted so I thought I would give my
family info again in the hope that some new subscribers might connect to me.

My g,g,grandfather David LANDIS b.Feb, 12, 1831, Mifflin Co., settled with
his first wife, Mary BENTON in Worthington, PA. They had one son, Aaron
Thomas LANDIS b. Aug. 1, 1855. Mary (BENTON) LANDIS died in Worthington, Pa
on Feb. 25, 1857.

On July 23, 1857, David LANDIS married my g,g,grandmother, Sarah Ellen
KENNEDY b. Mar. 31, 1842. The following are their children who most or all
were born in Worthington, PA:

Emma Jane LANDIS b. Sept. 18, 1860
Ida Mae LANDIS b. March 5, 1866, m. William Barringer b. 1838, and was his
second wife. (My Line)

Carlotta Ellen LANDIS b. June 18, 1867
Lillian Maude LANDIS b. Sept. 14, 1870; m. Mr. Stange
Margaret Benton LANDIS b. February 12, 1872, (Twin)

William Joseph LANDIS b.February 12, 1872, (Twin) m. Nellie MCNUTT b. 1887.
William was the City Treasurer for Monongahela, PA.

Mary Belle LANDIS b. Mar. 15, 1874
Pearl Josephine LANDIS b. June 22, 1876

Since I know from documents that Aaron Thomas Landis was born in
Worthington, his mother, Mary buried in Worthington, my g,grandmother born
in Worthington, and her youngest male sibling, William Joseph born in
Worthington, PA, I think I am safe in saying that David LANDIS lived in
Worthington, PA at a minimum from 1855 to 1872. I do not have information
on where Mary Belle or Pearl Josephine were born; but, a good guess would be
also in Worthington, Pa.

I also know that David had a father by the name of Joseph LANDIS who I think
also came to Worthington, PA. I have been hoping that Joseph moved his
family from Mifflin Co. earlier so that someday I might learn about David's
siblings.

I found David LANDIS d. May 29, 1906; Sarah Ellen (KENNEDY) LANDIS d. Oct.
2, 1918; William LANDIS d. June 6, 1938; and Nellie (MCNUTT) LANDIS d. July
1, 1928, all buried in a row at the Monongahela Cemetery, Monongahela,
Washington Co., PA.

Note: The cemetery lists as the owner of the cemetery plot for David and
Sarah Ellen Landis as a J. Ramage. I am wondering if Pearl Josephine married
a RAMAGE.

I certainly hope that someone on the list connects with me.

Marilyn, Lake Co., IL; .

Researching:
Anderson, Barringer, Bedall (Beadle), Dicks(Dix), Howe, Jenkins, Johnson,
Jordan, Kennedy, Landis, Mayhorn, Minerd, Moller, Nein, Roley,Shallenberger,
Sharp, Sisler, Smith, Walters, Weber, Weems/Wemyss, Whetzel + Var.,
Wilson, Worrell.
Locations: PA: Adams, Allegheny,Armstrong, Bedford, Berks, Fayette,
Greene, Lancaster, Mifflin, Northampton, Somerset, Washington, Westmoreland,
York Counties Maryland: Frederick Co. and Hagerstown. Scotland

This thread: