PABEAVER-L Archives

Archiver > PABEAVER > 2008-02 > 1202394624

From: "Cathy Raber" <>
Subject: Re: [PABEAVER] Wiley and Sharp
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:30:24 -0500

Hi Dorothy,
No Wiley's listed, but a Samuel Willey listed.
Are you sure of John Sharp's wife, being Mary & Anne? I
have a John Sharp being married to a Rebecca Keister. List s him as a
merchant in Rochester, born born May 8, 1825. There are many entries for
John Sharp. Did he have a father named same? There's a bio on page 811 in
Warner's Beaver Co history. Perhaps you can peruse those entries sometime.

Did your John go to his uncle John Armstrong at age five?
Thia one did, until majority age. And had two siblings. Referred later as
a Capt. Sharp. Republican & Member of the Methodist Espiscopal Church.
His wife, was of German descent. He was in business of Sharp & Hoffman.
Did he die in 1847? Was he a Major Sharp in a war? A
listing for a Major Sharp dieing in 1847. Listed on page 114.
These are only 2 listings & of course, I don't work on
this, so can't know if there is more than one John Sharp. Its up to you to
sort all this out for your researching. Good luck, Cathy

Wiley. I think I have found them on the 1850 census of Little Beaver
Township, Lawrence Co. Robert Wiley age 35, Jane age 33, Sarah age 5,
Margaret age 2.John Sharp lived in Beaver Co from 1800 until he died. He
was born in 1773 and died 1848. He had two wives - Mary and Anne . I need
information on the Wiley family and also the surname of John's two wives.
Any help would be appreciated.