PABEDFOR-L Archives

Archiver > PABEDFOR > 2005-04 > 1113431148

From: "E Schenk" <>
Subject: Abram Byers and Martha Conner
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:25:48 +0200

Sorry if you get this on more than one list. All these counties are places where they lived between 1800 and 1870
I am trying to find out if an Abram Byers has a connection to our Bartlebaugh family other than the marriage to Martha Conner.
Abram Byers age 22 was living in the household of Abraham Bartlebaugh on the 1850 census.
Did he just happen to marry the daughter of Annie Bartlebaugh? Annie was daughter of John Bartlebaugh.
Abram Byers and Martha Conner Byers were living next door to Abraham and Catherine Bartlebaugh in 1870 census.
This is one of the few connections I have ever seen between the Indiana County Bartlebaughs and and Bedford/Blair County Bartlebaughs. The other was Amber Huey being the pall bearer for John G Westover husband of Savannah Bartlebaugh Westover and daughter of Abraham and Catherine Bartlebaugh. Amber was grandson of Isaiah Bartlebaugh brother of Annie.

Now we have been trying a long time to prove our guess that Abraham Bartlebaugh was the son of Philip who we guess was the brother of John Bartlebaugh. Back in 1800 they lived close to eachother in Bedford Co.

We first find Abraham Bartlebaugh in Indiana Co census 1830 missing him in 1840 and finding him again in 1850 in Cambria Co. Never saw anything to give Abraham father's name but number of children that Philp had makes it more likely than John. Abraham is the only son of Philip to have such close contect with our John's family that I can find.

Can't find much about Abram Byers searching Byers. Did find a John Byers in Chest

U.S. Census > 1830 United States Federal Census > Pennsylvania > Clearfield
> Chest
Think Isaiah Bartlebaugh lived here at that time also

Anyone know if John Byers Sr or John Byers Jr had a son Abram? Any information about Byers is appreciated.

Elaine

This thread: