PABERKS-L Archives

Archiver > PABERKS > 2002-04 > 1019346791

From: "Arline J. Sarver" <>
Subject: Re: [PABERKS] PABERKS lookup
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:53:11 -0400

Eric:

Under the name KARL in the index is listed the names (CAREL, CARREL, and
KARLE).

There is Fridrig (Fredrick) who was aboard the Ship Friendship, at
Philadelphia, 20 Sep 1738. He is listed on List 58A as Fredrick HARLE, age
26. On List 58B he is listed as Fridrig KARLE, and on List 58C he is listed
as Fridrig KORLE.

On List 230A aboard the Brigantine Mary and Sarah, Capt. Thomas
Brodrick, from Amsterdam, but last from Portsmouth, Qualified 26 October
1754, is listed Hans Peter KARL, Jacob KARL, and Nicholas CARL.

On List 230B they are listed as Hans Peter KARL, Jacob KARL, and Nicolaus
CARL. And on List 230C they are listed as H. Peter CAREL, Jacob CAREL and
Nicolaus CARL.

On List 259C At the Court House, Philadelphia, 13 Oct 1766, imported in
the Ship Betsy, are listed Johan Helman KARLE and John Jacob KARL.

On List 122A imported in the Ship Patience, Capt. John BROWN, Qualified
16 Sep 1748 is listed Jacob CARREL, age 40, John Casper CARREL, age 17.
On List 122C, they are listed as Johan Jacob CARLE and Johan Kasber KARLE.

On the Ship Queen of Denmark 3 November 1752 at Philadelphia, is listed
Nicklas KEREL, sick on board.

On the Ship Peggy, John Elliot, Master from Amsterdam, 10 Nov 1793, no
port listed, was Petan KORREL.

Arline