PABERKS-L Archives

Archiver > PABERKS > 2007-04 > 1175570349

From: Mary McIndoe <>
Subject: [PABERKS] George B. Hiester and wife
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:19:09 -0400

It's been along time since I've been here, but I've come across a bit of a
brick wall and I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

George Baer Hiester was born in 1909, the second son of Isaac Hiester and
Mary Kimmel Baer. Late in 1931, he married Ann and they had, I believe,
three children together. In 1942, he enlisted in the Armed Force and his
application shows him as divorced with three children. Though I would love
to know the names of his children, I would be happy just to know his wife's
surname. Accordingly to the FamilySearch.org site, her name was Ann Hall
Nicolls, but I can't find any supporting docs for that info, so i'm
treating it as hearsay. George was probably best known as being the man who
had Stokesay Castle in Reading built in 1932, as a honeymoon cottage for
his bride, though she apparently hated the place and he later sold it. Any
help locating his wife or any information about her family would be greatly
appreciated!

-Mary
http://chestercountygenealogy.com

This thread: