PABERKS-L Archives

Archiver > PABERKS > 2012-01 > 1327867562

From: gpiper <>
Subject: [PABERKS] Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records (1708-1985)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:06:02 -0500 (EST)

I just noticed the database "Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records (1708-1985)" was recently added on Ancestry.com($). These are records that were compiled by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Members of the Society will soon have access to them on their site as part of their membership. (see the Jan 26 article on their site, www.hsp.org)

The database description is: "This database is a large collection of records containing vital (birth, marriage, death) information and other details from churches and other organizations in Pennsylvania. Records in this Database: The documents in this database are primarily Protestant church records from congregations in Pennsylvania, but there are additional sources as well, including funeral homes, cemeteries, newspapers, historical societies, and personal records, among others."

It has a wealth of original records with page images. I am already finding much new information for births, baptisms, weddings, deaths in Berks County (and other counties) church records from across the state.

This is a very useful database for any Berks County & Pennsylvania researcher!

Glenn

This thread: