PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2000-04 > 0957106603

From: Lois Crissman <>
Subject: [PaCambri] Pfoff Family
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 10:56:43 -0400

Is there anyone researching Pfoff Family? I need some help.
There seems to be a definite connection between Pfoffs and my Hogue Family.

Sebastian Hogue died 1833, leaving wife Magdalen (Rutler) and children Joseph,
Mary Ann, Thomas and John. Magdalen remarried to Lewis Craver, died 1840.

In 1840 Joseph Habermacher filed for Guardianship of Thomas and Joh, minor
children. (He was their uncle, m. to Magdalen's sister Eleanor). In 1843 Joseph
Pfoff filed a petition stating that he is their Uncle, charging Habermacher with
failing to file accounting of his Guardianship.

I find Joseph Pfoff m. Elizabeth ?, their son's gp Anthony and Maria Rutler. I
also find Frederich Joseph Pfoff, d. 3/5/1855, b. 1780 m. Elizabeth ?.

Then I find Joseph Pfoff and Francis Joseph Pfoff m. Apolonia Shremp, children
Maria Anna gp. Thomas Smith, Catherine Rutler, Thomas gp Thomas Smith, Maria
Rutler and Maria Elizbeth gp Caspar Schaeffner, Gertrude Rutler Wasser.
Apolonia (widow) remarried to John B. Myers in 1856.

Bill Mackey is researching records in Germany for Frederich Joseph Pfoff and 2
wives, Margaret and Apolonia, states that there is no connection to my lines
(Rutler-Hogue).

HELP PLEASE

Lois Crissman

This thread: