PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2002-04 > 1018662017

From: "Linda Braund" <>
Subject: [PaCambri] do you have ancestors from the Alsace-Lorraine area of France??
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:41:02 -0400

Hi Folks,
I just received a copy of a great old out-of-print book, "Alsace-Lorraine"
by George Wharton Edwards, published in 1918. I thought that perhaps it
might have some information on the village of Riedseltz where my
WALTZ/HEINTZ ancestors lived, but it doesn't directly mention that village.
Nevertheless, it's a terrific book with over 35 illustrations of the
different villages and people, and lots of information.

I thought that there could be others on this mailing list who have ancestors
from the Alsace-Lorraine area and might like to see these illustrations, so
I decided to scan them to my Riedseltz web site. You can get to it under
the "Books About the Area" link on the Riedseltz site (you'll need to scroll
down a little bit.) Here's the URL:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gartner/Riedseltzbooks.htm

Maybe if I get REALLY ambitious, I'll OCR scan the text pages for everyone,
too--but that will need to wait until I get finished with a few other
outstanding projects, not the least of which is completing (OK--STARTING!)
my taxes!

One more thing: This book was signed on the inside front cover, I'm
presuming by the original owner, "Helen G. NAVIN". There was also a
postcard inside the book when I received it--actually, it looks like a
postcard, but it's on very thin paper, and it's not addressed. There is,
however, a note written out on it from "Dad & Mother"--written in Strasbourg
on October 30, 1947. If there are any NAVIN researchers on this list who
think it might belong to their family, please let me know, and I'll send you
a scan.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Braund

(Pittsburgh)

Researching these surnames:
Gartner, Karl, Mang, McGovern, Meier, Schad, Thoma, Waltz

Gartner Genealogy Web Site:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gartner/gartner.htm

Waltz Genealogy Web Site:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gartner/waltz.htm