PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2005-11 > 1130962260

Subject: Mrs. John Noren: Andrew Biller: Joseph Sharp: Dixmont Insane Asylum
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:11:00 -0500

Hastings Tribune, Friday, February 23, 1894

Mrs. John Noren [of Hastings] has been committed to Dixmont Insane Asylum. She has three small children.

Hastings Tribune, Friday, June 8, 1894

Andrew Biller, who was an inmate at Dixmont [later Western Pennsylvania Hospital for the Insane] in Pittsburgh, died there during the past week. He had been insane for about two years. His home was in Allegheny township, where his wife and children reside.

Joseph Sharp, a farmer living in Allegheny township, was taken to Dixmont last week, having become suddenly and violently insane. He has a wife and 3 children.

Note: Could someone give me details on the families of these men? I am attempting to compile a list of local people treated at Dixmont.

This thread: