PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2005-11 > 1132516732

Subject: Sale at the farm of John Moran in Cresson Record
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:58:52 -0500

Might this fit with the missing Schwab sister? Might this be her family?

This is a reprint of THE RECORD, a newspaper published in Cresson, Friday, October 13, 1899 with Editors A.H. Swope, Editor and A.J. Swope, Manager. It was only two pages, printed on both sides. It appeared in the Pennsylvania Bicentennial History, 1976.
Note: The editor [whose initials fit]was Ambrose H. Swope [m to Anna McCombie] and manager was his brother, Albert J. Swope [m to Blanche Litzinger.] Both are children of Louisa Glasser Bauman Swope by her second husband, Joseph Swope. However, I have another note that it was Herman J. Swope [m to Barbara Rieger] who was the editor of the Cresson Record for 7 years.

PUBLIC SALE
On Saturday, October 28 [1899] Gilbert Sharbaugh will offer for sale on the Frank Moran farm near Chest Springs: Two work horses; two cows; two farm wagons; one top buggy; mowing machine; hay rake; cultivator, plows; fanning mill; harness; grain of all kinds and household goods.

Mary Ann Schwab, a daughter of Cyprian Schwab and Margaritha Ebie Schwab, married Jacob Morion. From the information in the Long Book, I cannot find a Francis of Frank in the children or grandchildren, but there was a daughter, Francisca.

If this is not the correct family, who is it?

Was Gilbert Sharbaugh an auctioneer?

This thread: