PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2005-11 > 1133212992

Subject: Re: [PaCambri] Death Cert Help
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:23:12 -0500

For any deaths between 1893 and 1906, you should be able to get them by writing to the Clerk of Courts at Ebensburg and requesting a death certificate.
They can supply them only between these years, as the State started keeping death records in 1906 from then on. Before 1893, there was no civil register of deaths, your best bet is the Church Records.
The two churches in Spangler were St. Patrick's and Holy Cross . Both are now part of Prince of Peace Church in Northern Cambria, and I don't know if the priest would answer a request. Sometimes the Church Records do give parents, or spouses, or cause of death, but not always.
I don't know who the funeral home, if any, would be in 1904, but Easly eventually established one, and after his death, Moriconi Funeral Home on Bigler Avenue in Northern Cambria took over. They may have the records. If you find out, please let me know.

Morconi Funeral Home, Inc. Grian F. Moriconi, Supervisor
www.moriconifuneralhome.com
1303 Bigler Ave
Northern Cambria, Pa. 15714
[below]