Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2006-10 > 1161100218

Subject: [PACAMBRI] Death and burial from 1855: Bertram Family
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:50:18 -0400

Could the name be Bertram? Lots of them in the Carrolltown area, but I have no recollection of Bertrang. I have a copy of Fr. Shank's Death Records from St. Benedict' Church, and I will look for you.

Ledoux, Vol III, St Benedict's Catholic Church, page 257, # 5650 BERTRAM, MATHAEUS D. 9-21-1855

Same, page 219, # 4951 Bertram, Martina (Matthiae/Christinae Donner) B. 11 03 bap 11-20-1853, gp: Joannes & Martina Bertram

Ask your question again, using the name Bertram. I am sure you will get an answer, if you didn't already.
I have a Peter Bertram married to a widow who was my ancestor. He was the brother of John Bertram above.
As far as I know, these people were all from Hohlenzollern Sigmarigen, in southern Germany, now part of Baden-Wurttenburg. In 1848, it became part of Prussia, so you might see that as a place of origin on the Census.
They either lived in Carroll Township, or in Allegheny Township, as far as I know.
Let me know if you get any responses, as I had not previously heard of Matthew.