PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2007-10 > 1191529994

From: Marilyn Kline Washington <>
Subject: Re: [PACAMBRI] Faber Eckenrode and Lewis Ansman
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:33:14 -0400

?????? I was not aware of a St. Faber.?? I was just wondering how the name got to Cambria County.? Most of the odd saint names came from the Benedictine priests who were the early missionaries and still staff some Northern Cambria Parishes, or they were German saints.
???????The Itel-Itell-Itiel-Eitel family are from Switzerland, settled in Munster Township, and run the Vale Wood Dairy there.? It think most of them spell it Itel.? Vale Wood is one of only 23 daries that still delivers milk in NC.? They make the best ice cream.? They are having a big harvest-halloween program-festival at the farm now, has been advertized and written up in the Johnstown paper.? The Farm is "behind" the federal prison that was formerly the seminary.? They make the teaberry ice cream about which there were some comments about it on site, and at this season they make pumpkin flavor.? I don't get delivery now, but my mom did when I was living with her.? They closed the ValeWood store in Patton.

Marilyn