PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2008-10 > 1222857518-01

From: Joyce Homan <>
Subject: Re: [PACAMBRI] cresson mountain and one other accident
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:38:38 +0000

Thanks to everyone who sent me an article or shared their memories about the Cresson Mountain accident. It's amazing what stories researching your family history will bring out--I'm 38 and this is the first time my mom ever shared that one with me.

I have one more request--another cousin of mine has been trying to find any information on one of our relatives, Matthew McDowell, who was killed around 1835 (we believe on the railroad). His brother, James Boal McDowell, was hit by a train also within a few months of that time period, and my cousin has found an article on him, but nothing on Matthew. Any suggestions on where to look would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for all the help. I love this group!Joyce