PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2008-10 > 1223289898

From: Ann Denson <>
Subject: Re: [PACAMBRI] Benjamin Gallagher OBIT
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 03:44:58 -0700 (PDT)

MRS MATILDA L. MCMULLEN, 88, GALLITZIN, EXPIRES
Mrs. Matilda L. McMullen, 88, Gallitzin, died March 22 at Altoona Hospital. Born Dec 18, 1881, in Gallitzin Twp., she was a daughter of John and Alice (Eckenrode) Gallagher. She was preceded in death by her husband, Joseph, in 1981.
Surviving are a son, Joseph B., Gallitzin; also 5 grandhildren and 2 great-grandchildren. She was a sister of Mrs. Harriet Gallivan, Buffalo, NY; Sybert, Cresson Shaft; Michael, Carrolltown; and Benjamin, Cresson.
Liturgical Mass was held at 11:30 am Wednesday at St. Michael's Catholic Church, Loretto, by the Very Rev. Msgr. Paul A. Lenz. Interment took place at the church cemetery. (Union Press Courier Patton 1970)

 I don't have the name of the newspaper this was in.
HUGH GALLAGHER of Gallitzin, who died Tuesday evening at the Altoona hospital, was born Dec. 12, 1885, a son of John and Alice (Eckenrode) Gallagher. His wife preceded him in death. Surviving are his mother of Gallitzin, RD; the following children, Walter of New London, Conn.; James of Colorado, Mrs. Leory Hanlon of Gallitzin, RD. Mrs. P. J. Buzzella and Mrs. John Santucci of Altoona, Mrs. James Stock of Cresson and Pauline of Ebensburg; 19 grandchildren; two sisters, Mrs. Matilda McMullen and Mrs. Harriet Gallivan, both of Buffalo, NY., and the following brothers: Benjamin of Cresson, Thomas and Bert of Gallitzin, RD., Michael of Carrolltown and Roy of Tarrytown, NY. Friends will be received at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Leroy Hanlon of Gallitzin, RD.

I don't have the newspaper for this one either but have a year of 1954

MRS ALICE GALLAGHER Of Gallitzin, RD died at 9 o'clock last night at her home. Mrs. Gallagher was born Sept 28, 1859, at Carrolltown, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Augustine Eckenrode. Surviving are two daughters and five, sons, Mrs. Matilda McMullen and Mrs. J M Gallavin of Buffalo, NY, Thomas, Benjamin and Sybert of Gallitzin, RD, Michael of Carrolltown and Leroy of Tarrytown, NY; 39 grandchildren and several great-grandchildren. Friends are being received at the Gibbons funeral home, Ashville.

Ann