PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2008-10 > 1224526105

From: "James Thomas Rosenbaum" <>
Subject: [PACAMBRI] shaffer questions
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:08:25 -0400

There was a Francis Shaffer, USAAF who died in the WWII. I believe his dad or kin was James Shaffer of the 1945 runaway trailer truck incident in Oakland, Johnstown, PA. It was in the 09/20/1945 Tribune newspaper. There was a Rosalia Shaffer who may have been his mother or wife or of the James Shaffer. I am not sure of the relationship in all of this other than Francis, Rosalia and James are close kin. Francis Shaffer was honored in 1952 with a memorial book "Britain's Homage to 28,000 American Dead." The kin lived at 657 linden Avenue in Moxham and 20 Dupont Place. Does any one have anything on the family lineage?

James Thomas Rosenbaum
310 Melvin Street
Johnstown, Cambria Co., PA 15904-1219
814-266-6855