PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2008-10 > 1224720860

From: Mary <>
Subject: [PACAMBRI] Lantzy/Bitter
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:14:20 -0700

As I was following up some loose ends on my Miller family today, I had
occasion to look at a family tree posted online that had some notes
regarding Joseph Lantzy's immigration to Philadelphia. (There are three
Miller children of Henry and Mary Theresa Kuntz married to three of
Joseph Lantzy's children.) Ancestry.com now has the image of the
passenger list on line, so I decided to take a look at it because my
Fresh family arrived on the same ship as Joseph Lantzy and the family of
Ursula Bitter. Joseph Lantzy (spelled Lanzi to my eye) is the first name
on the first page, listed as age 36, place of nativity: Wallbach,
occupation: farmer, then the Bartholome family, followed by the Fresh
family, followed by Jacob "Landsee" with his wife Regina and three
children. Jacob is age 52, place of nativity is "Ergau", occupation:
butcher, his wife is 26, Jacob and Mariane, age 3, and Fridele, age 2.
The next family is the Bitters.

Does anyone know if Jacob "Landsee" is one of Joseph's brothers? And if
so, where did he settle? I'm guessing Ergau is for Kanton Argau.

Mary

This thread: