PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2010-05 > 1273272181

Subject: [PACAMBRI] Comment:: Cemetery - Thomas Adams - St Michael,Loretto - St Augustine
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 18:43:01 -0400

I agree with jim--in the past parents often named multiple--not
just two--the same name, when the original child died. At one point,
in France, children were not named at all unless they lived to be a
year old. Few children lived to grow up then.
My emigrant great-great-great grandmother was named Mary Ann
[Maria Anna] Flick, as was a sister. Till I found her tombstone in St.
Benedict's, Carrolltown, I thought she was the second Mary Ann, but she
was the first--according to the dates on her baptism and tombstone.
Any reason for that? I think her sister Mary Ann died, but I can
find no record of it in Alsace or America.

Marilyn Kline Washington