PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2013-02 > 1360260192

From: Ellen <>
Subject: [PACAMBRI] Tax records
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:03:12 +0000 (UTC)

I need to go to Ebensburg to view the tax records for the vicinity of Gallitzen in the years about 1870 to 1880. My great grandfather lived there while he worked on the railroad. While they were living there his first wife died in 1878. For both the 1870 and 1880 census records he was back home in Bedford County, but family stories put him in Gallitzen during this decade, and it was the location of her death in 1878. I hope the tax records will pin down the years he lived in Gallitzen.

I'm hoping someone knows where these records are -- court house, historical society, archive??? Also, would he have lived right in Gallitzen or somewhere outside of town?

Thanks,
Ellen

This thread: