PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2014-03 > 1395064939

From: Ellen <>
Subject: Re: [PACAMBRI] PACAMBRI Digest, Vol 9, Issue 45
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:02:19 +0000 (UTC)

I've worked with those 1852-1855 records in my county. Yes, they exist for births, deaths and marriages, but compliance was almost non-existent and a very small number of registrations happened. Thus, the powers that be in Harrisburg decided to stop requiring registration in that period of time. It began again several decades later, 1885 for marriages, and 1893 for births and deaths. Compliance was much more complete at that time.
Ellen